As a client of LiveBetter you have the right to:
- Have your wishes and choices respected
- Be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect at all times
- Participate in all planning and decision making which affects you
- Make your own decisions wherever possible including decisions about medical and treatment interventions
- Use an advocate or representative of your choice
- Be assisted to understand any information given by staff
- Freedom from abuse and discrimination
- Make a complaint and expect that it will be investigated and resolved fairly and quickly and without retribution
- Be provided with information about services, options, service plans and any fees and charges
- Receive quality services suited to your individual needs Receive services in a professional, competent and culturally respectful manner
- Privacy and confidentiality of, and access to, all your personal information
- Enjoy a safe environment when receiving services at a LiveBetter location
- To receive regular reviews of your identified needs and modifications to your Care Plan as required
Privacy and Confidentiality
LiveBetter is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality of personal information collected regarding our customers and their families, staff, volunteers, members and supporters.
The LiveBetter Privacy Statement applies to all activities of LiveBetter, and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 and associated amendments.
The APPs set out standards and obligations for how we handle people's personal information. This includes how we collect, use, store, and secure personal information, as well as your rights to access or correct your personal information.
Please read our full Privacy Statement here.
Comments and Complaints
LiveBetter welcomes comments and complaints from customers as this is an important way for us to see how to improve our services for you. You have the right to make a comment or a complaint about any aspect of our services at any time. You have the right to expect that any comment or complaint you make will be investigated and that complaints will be resolved within a reasonable time frame.
You should be confident that making a comment or complaint will not result in you being discriminated against or your service being negatively affected.
You may nominate the person in LiveBetter who you would like to have as your contact person when making a complaint.
Here are different ways you can make a complaint.
You may wish to speak to LiveBetter directly and there are several ways for you to do so:
- Talk to your support worker or case manager. They may be able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
- If the complaint is not resolved, the support worker or case manager will refer you onto their Team Leader who will attempt to resolve your complaint.
- If the complaint is still not resolved, the Team Leader will refer you to their Service Manager who will attempt to resolve your complaint.
- If you prefer not to raise your comment or complaint with your support worker, case manager, Team Leader or Service Manager you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 580 580 and we will direct your complaint to an appropriate senior manager for a confidential call.
If you would prefer to speak to an external party regarding your complaint, here is a list of contacts, including the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, and Advocacy contacts.