As a client of LiveBetter you have the right to:
- Have your wishes and choices respected
- Be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect at all times
- Participate in all planning and decision making which affects you
- Make your own decisions wherever possible including decisions about medical and treatment interventions
- Use an advocate or representative of your choice
- Be assisted to understand any information given by staff
- Freedom from abuse and discrimination
- Make a complaint and expect that it will be investigated and resolved fairly and quickly and without retribution
- Be provided with information about services, options, service plans and any fees and charges
- Receive quality services suited to your individual needs Receive services in a professional, competent and culturally respectful manner
- Privacy and confidentiality of, and access to, all your personal information
- Enjoy a safe environment when receiving services at a LiveBetter location
- To receive regular reviews of your identified needs and modifications to your Care Plan as required
Privacy and Confidentiality
LiveBetter is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality of personal information collected regarding our customers and their families, staff, volunteers, members and supporters.
The LiveBetter Privacy Statement applies to all activities of LiveBetter, and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 and associated amendments.
The APPs set out standards and obligations for how we handle people's personal information. This includes how we collect, use, store, and secure personal information, as well as your rights to access or correct your personal information.
Please read our full Privacy Statement here.
Complaints and Feedback
You are welcome to make a complaint or to give feedback (suggestions, compliments or general comments) about any aspect of our services at any time. We value complaints and feedback as this is an important way for us to address problems and improve services.
You can use an advocate (someone who speaks on your behalf) to make a complaint or give feedback. See 'Advocacy’ below. Making a complaint or giving feedback will NOT result in your service being negatively affected, or you being discriminated against.
You have the right to expect that any complaint you make will be investigated and will be resolved within a reasonable time frame. LiveBetter commits to formally respond to any complaint within seven days and resolve issues within 30 days where possible.
You may nominate the person in LiveBetter who you would like to have as your contact person when making a complaint.
There are several ways for you to make a complaint. If you aren’t satisfied with the outcome or you don’t want to talk to someone you can go to any person listed below:
- Talk to your support worker or coordinator. They may be able to resolve the issue.
- If the issue is not resolved, the support worker or coordinator will refer you to their Team Leader.
- If the issue is still not resolved, the Team Leader will refer you to their Service Manager.
- If you prefer not to raise your comment or complaint with your support worker, coordinator, Team Leader or Service Manager you may:
- If you would prefer to speak to an external party regarding your complaint, here is a list of contacts, including the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, and Advocacy contacts.
There are several ways for you to give feedback (suggestions, compliments or general comments):
All customers have the right to use an advocate to assist them in communicating with LiveBetter. An advocate is a person who, with the customer's agreement, represents the customer's interests, and communicates on their behalf. You may use the advocate of your choice - they can be a carer, family member, friend, advocacy service, professional person or any other person you choose. For a listing of advocacy services available click here.
Translating & Interpreting Help
You can get help translating and interpreting LiveBetter information in your language from the Translating and Interpreting Service National (TIS National). Call TIS National on 131 450 (local call cost from anywhere in Australia). The interpreting service is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.