A home away from home
Cottage Respite is an opportunity to enjoy time away from home while your loved one takes a break from their caring responsibilities.
Supports designed around your needs
All meals provided
Enjoy a range of activities
Personal care support
Enjoy some books and TV
Opportunity to socialise
What can I expect when I stay for Cottage Respite?
We provide Cottage Respite once a month, typically from Friday 5pm until Monday 9am – although we can offer specific dates on request.
Our services and activities are designed around our guests. Each person can choose what they’d like to take part in, whether it’s reading books, listening to music, joining in a group activity or chatting with others.
We accommodate a maximum of 3 or 4 people at one time, as catering for small groups ensures we can meet the highest standards of care.
Other benefits of our Cottage Respite service include:
- Relaxing in a home-like environment that feels like a weekend away
- Excursions to local attractions, including farmer’s markets and community events
- Opportunities to be social and engage with others
- A wide range of activities to choose from so you can stay active
- A flexible service that adapts to suit each person’s need
- An opportunity for carers to have a break, confident their loved one is in safe hands
Please note that guests are to provide their own medication in Webster packs, and their own incontinence aids.
Funding Cottage Respite
- Home Care Package
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme funding
You can also pay privately for this service.