Discreet and professional care at home
It can be provided as intensive services for a short time, or low levels of support over a longer period with increased care at the end stage of life.
Care delivered with compassion
Sensitive care in the comfort of your home
LiveBetter provides discreet and professional care for people who wish to die at home – according to their wishes, and with their consent.
Our experienced team is flexible, and we do all we can to support families during this time. For example, we might start by visiting once a week to help with the housework and build a rapport with you. Once we understand the best way to offer support, we’ll increase our services according to what is needed. Or we might provide more intense services towards the end of life.
LiveBetter provides End of Life Care to people living in the Western NSW Local Health District. To find out if you are in this region, please see the district map.
End of Life Care offers many benefits:
- giving people the opportunity to palliate at home in familiar surroundings
- promoting dignity during the end of life stage
- being able to implement the person’s choices as they near end of life
- allowing family members to focus on their loved one without worrying about domestic duties
- giving family carers respite if they are fatigued, or as care needs increase
- providing professional support and reassurance throughout the end of life journey
Who is eligible for End of Life care?
End of Life Care is for anyone who has a life-limited condition that shortens their life expectancy to 3 months or less.
Referrals are made through the hospital or community mental health. Eligibility is decided by NSW Health and screened by the Aged Care Access Centre.
How long is the End of Life Care program?
This is a 6-week program, with the opportunity for repeat services as required and appropriate.
How much does End of Life Care cost?
The End of Life program is funded by NSW Health. There are no co-contributions or payments for this service.