Getting started - how to apply and get assessed
The process at a glance
1. Apply for an assessment with My Aged Care
2. Have your face-to-face assessment
3. Receive the outcome of your assessment
Choose your aged care service provider
Once you have received approval for aged care funding, it’s time to compare different aged care providers and choose who you would like to partner with.
If you have been approved for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funding, your assessor will work with you to develop a personalised home support plan. They will also give you a referral code to pass on to your chosen care provider.
If you have been approved for a Home Care Package, your assessor will work with you to develop a personalised support plan and help you identify suitable support services for aged care. Your approval letter will also include a referral code for the services you are eligible to receive.
Waiting for your Home Care Package
You may have to wait anywhere from 3 months to over 12 months to be allocated your Home Care Package by letter. If you need help sooner, please get in touch. We can work with you to plan interim supports so you can get some help sooner.
While you are waiting for your Home Care Package to be allocated, there are a couple of things you can do to prepare:
- Check if you need to do an income assessment. if you have a Home Care Package, you may have to pay an income-tested care fee, depending on your financial situation. To work out how much you need to pay, you may have to do an income assessment. Not everyone needs to complete one. You can check if you need to, and what’s included in the assessment, on the My Aged Care website.
- Talk to us. We are always here to support you. If you would like to partner with LiveBetter as your service provider, we recommend getting in touch before you receive your allocation letter. We can discuss what your support could look like, services in your area, your care team and any costs involved.
Need help with your My Aged Care assessment?
Call us today or enquire online.