Achieve your NDIS goals
What are NDIS goals?
Goals are things you want to pursue. Everyone has different goals and aspirations in life. Your NDIS goals describe what you want to achieve, develop or learn – both now and down the track.
For example, your short-term goals might include:
- getting support with household tasks
- becoming more mobile
- connecting with your family
- joining an activity in your community.
Longer-term, your goals might include:
- building your skills and doing more things yourself
- studying or getting a job
- building friendships.
The NDIS and other supports and services can help you pursue your goals. That’s where we come in. LiveBetter is a registered NDIS provider in regional New South Wales and Queensland. We can help you find the supports and services you need in your area.
What is LiveBetter’s approach to NDIS plans and disability services?
At LiveBetter, we want to enable you to life your best life. We’ll work with you to identify what you’d like to achieve and deliver the services that suit your specific needs.
When you partner with us, you’ll see that our approach is:
- Personalised. We know everyone’s different. So we take the time to listen, and then work with you to co-design the supports you want and need. Our services are flexible and personalised to meet your needs.
- Wide-ranging. We offer a broad range of services to assist in many aspects of your life. This includes social and community participation, home and living, finding and keeping a job, behaviour support, and coordination and complex care.
- Active. You get ‘active support’ from us. This means we encourage skill building across all our services to help increase your independence and capacity.
- Regional. We support people who live in regional, rural and remote New South Wales and Queensland. We believe that living regionally shouldn’t limit your support options. In fact, we encourage you to think about experiences beyond everyday support, to help you be the best you can be.
- Lasting. We are committed to being the support network that’s with you now and in the future as your needs and goals change.
- Experienced. Our Support Workers are passionate and experienced, with training in Certificate III/IV in Individual Support, as well as Behaviour Management (MAPA).
- Comfortable. We’ll match you with a team of compatible Support Workers to make sure you feel comfortable and supported when accessing services.
Any time you have questions about your NDIS plan or disability services, we’re here to help.
What is involved in reviewing NDIS plans?
Your first NDIS plan is usually reviewed after 12 months. This is an opportunity to check if your supports are working for you and how your goals are tracking.
The NDIS will contact you 6 weeks before your plan review is due to arrange a check-in. In the time leading up to this review, it’s helpful to think about:
- what’s working well in your plan
- what isn’t working so well
- if you’ve made progress towards your goals
- which goals you want to keep pursuing, and which goals you might want to change
- who can help you pursue your goals
- if you need NDIS support in the future
- if you’d like to change how some or all your NDIS funding is managed.
You don’t need to pick new goals each time your plan is reviewed. It’s really about making sure your NDIS plan, supports and services are helping you make progress towards your desired goals.
We’re here to support you throughout the process. We can help you to prepare for your plan review and participant check-in meeting.