Living independently doesn't mean you have to do life alone
It could be going on an outing or doing an exercise class with other seniors. But it could also be a cup of tea and a friendly chat with someone at home.
We're also here to make your journey easier. Travelling can become difficult as you age. We provide all sorts of transport options to get you where you need to be, whether it's the local shops, an appointment or to visit your family.
Staying connected to the people around you
Check in phone calls
Finance and legal support referral
Flexible support, the way you like it
We’ll work closely with you to develop a set of supports that you’ll enjoy and get the most out of. And we’re flexible, which means we’ll adapt our support as your needs change.
Some of the key benefits of using our Transport and Social Support services are:
- Reducing social isolation if you live alone
- Opportunities to form new friendships
- Being more connected to friends, family and the local community
- Better mental health and wellbeing
- Enjoying a sense of belonging as you age
- Help with getting to appointments on time
- Maintain your independence for as long as possible, without the need for a drivers’ licence
Please note that LiveBetter’s transport services need to be scheduled in advance.
Funding Transport and Social Support services
- Home Care Package
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme funding
- Veterans' Home Care funding
You can also pay privately for this service.