Enjoy being part of the workforce with our support
Think of us as your coach – we'll support you with the information and assistance you need, and we'll cheer you on along the way.
Our Employment Support
Connect to Disability Employment Services
Paid and unpaid opportunities
Support through all stages
One-to-one or group support
How does Employment Support work?
Whether you’re interested in finding work, returning to work, or getting experience through unpaid work, LiveBetter can help. We’ll support you to build your skills, either one-to-one or as part of a group.
LiveBetter provides NDIS employment support that’s as individual as you are. For example, skill building could involve supporting you to:
- identify your interests – you could speak to local business owners to get a taste of what type of work you’d like to do
- attend a training course – once you know what you’re interested in, you can do training to brush up skills you’ll need to participate in work
- learn skills to help you get ready for working – this might include things like personal appearance and what to wear to work, or how to write a resume.
We can also support you in the workplace to make sure you can do your job safely. For example, this might include support for personal care at work or help with eating meals.
There’s a lot to look forward to
There are a whole lot of benefits to getting a job:
- Participating in work can increase everything from your bank balance to your mental health and general wellbeing.
- Earning your own money and having responsibility can provide a sense of purpose and the chance to learn new skills, not to mention making new friends and community connections.
- As your confidence grows, so will you – both personally and professionally.
- You’ll feel proud of yourself and your increased personal and economic independence.
- You’ll add value, and you’ll feel valued.
So, whether you’ve never thought about employment before or you know what you’re interested in but aren’t sure where to start – we can assist.
LiveBetter’s Employment Support provides equal opportunity for people with disability to participate in work. We have local knowledge and great networks. LiveBetter works closely with Disability Employment Services to help people with disability find and keep jobs they enjoy. We can also connect you with volunteering and work placement opportunities – a great way to gain experience in areas you’re interested in.
And we can help you prepare for any required pre-employment screening, like background or police checks.
Our Employment Support is for you if you’re an NDIS participant:
- who’s interested in gaining paid or unpaid employment, or
- who would like to return to work.
Funding Employment Support
- Core Support – Assistance with Social, Economic and Community Participation