Healthy Hygiene Habits
During the winter months, try to maintain healthy hygiene habits. Washing your hands regularly with soap and warm water or using hand sanitiser can help to prevent the spread of germs and keep yourself and those around you safe
Another healthy hygiene habit is to regularly clean and disinfect touched surfaces and objects in your home or workplace.
Exercises for Rainy Days
On cold, dark, and drizzly days, it’s easy to lose motivation for afternoon walks or routine exercise, but there are many ways you can get your daily exercise without venturing outside. Try indoor activities like Chair Yoga, Pilates, or Aqua Aerobics. You could even join a fitness class at the gym. Not only will these activities keep you fit, but they can also boost your immunity.
Winter Warmer 5 ingredient recipes
As the temperature drops there’s nothing better than cosying up with a warm and comforting meal. Instead of reaching for the takeaway menu why not create your own healthy comfort food. We’ve found two simple delicious and nutricious 5 ingredient recipes to get you started. These are perfect for keeping you warm and satisfied all season long.
Roasted Tomato Soup (4 Serves)
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup light cooking cream
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and place tomatoes.
- Drizzle tomatoes with oil and toss to coat. Season. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Place stock and cream in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and remove the pan from heat.
- Using a stick blender, blend until smooth and combined. Return to the boil, if needed, to heat through.
- Combine pesto and remaining oil in a small bowl, add on top of the soup
Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms (4 Serves)
- 4 Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 4 Cups of mushrooms
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat
- Place chicken in the pan and cook for 7-10 min, turning once. Once cooked through, transfer to a plate
- Add more oil to the pan and add mushrooms. Stir occasionally and cook until the liquid has evaporated
- Increase heat to high and add wine. Cook until mostly evaporated
- Reduce heat to medium and stir through cream and season with salt and pepper
- Return chicken to pan and coat with sauce
- Serve chicken topped with sauce and parsley