Home care that puts you at the centre
This could be help with the housework and cooking, transport to appointments or something more complex like caring for someone living with dementia.
Building a personalised Home Care Package
Be in charge of your care
Stay safe and happy at home
Get services based on your needs
Reach your goals and improve as you age
Feel comfortable with carers you can trust
Get the most value from your package
How do Home Care Packages work?
Once you are approved for a government Home Care Package, you can choose a provider to deliver services to you. The amount of care you receive depends on the level you have been allocated. The four different home care package levels are:
- Home Care Package Level 1 – basic home care assistance to help you live independently at home. This may include 1 or 2 visits a week from a care worker.
- Home Care Package Level 2 – low-level home care to provide extra support at home. This may include 3 or 4 visits from a care worker
- Home Care Package Level 3 – intermediate home care for people who need a significant amount of support to stay at home. This might include clinical support services.
- Home Care Package Level 4 – high-level home care for people with high or complex nursing needs. This might include visits every day from a home care worker and clinical support services.
Any older person who needs support to live at home may be eligible for a Home Care Package. The first step is applying for a face-to-face Home Care Package assessment with My Aged Care.
You can learn more about how to apply for a Home Care Package on our Getting Started page.
What will it cost me?
You’re expected to contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford it. Your contribution is made up of three types of fees:
- Basic daily fee (up to $11.02 from 20 September 2021)
LiveBetter does not charge a basic daily fee.
- Income-tested care fee (up to $31.63 from 20 September 2021)
Some people may have to pay an income-tested care fee. Whether you pay it, and how much of it you pay, is determined through a formal income assessment from the Services Australia. If you have to pay this fee, there are annual and lifetime limits on how much you can be asked to pay.
- Additional fees
Any other amount you have agreed to pay for extra care and services that wouldn’t otherwise be covered by your Home Care Package. You can read more about the fees, caps, and how to use your package funds on our Home Care Services Pricing page.
What happens when I choose LiveBetter as my Home Care Package provider?
If you choose us as your provider, we will contact you to organise a visit to your home. This is so you can get to know us, and we can learn about your individual needs. Together, we’ll develop a care plan and package of services that suits you. If you like, we can also include your family or friends in any decisions made.
Do you need more care than what you have been allocated in your Home Care Package? We can offer you additional private care services until the government is able to refer you to a high level Home Care Package.