Short Term Accommodation (STA) Thurgoona
This four-bedroom, two-bathroom house located in Thurgoona is the perfect home away from home. The home is available for short-term accommodation and respite for children and adults living with a disability on a rotating roster. We also welcome those with a home care package looking for respite.
The home features a sensory room, equipped with engaging activities to enhance the well-being of our guests.
Support can be provided 24 hours, 7 days a week at this property, with staffing compatibility determined before your stay.
What will you do during your stay?
We will fully support your visit to make sure your stay with us is full of fun activities. During intake we will work with you to get to know what you enjoy and would like to do. The house has a selection of board games, puzzles, art supplies, cooking supplies, and fishing gear, and our staff have a variety of skills and hobbies that they would love to share with you.
Brooklyn Fields community park sits at the end of the street with basketball court, outdoor exercise equipment, and playground. There are clubs close by that run regular bingo, raffles, and live music. Lake Hume is a short drive away, offering recreational opportunities such as fishing, picnicking, and walking. There are a variety of clubs close by where you can join in bingo, raffles and enjoy live music. There is a car assigned to the house for easy access to surrounding activities.
- A car is assigned to the house for easy community access
- Generous sized kitchen where you can build up your cooking skills
- Undercover outdoor entertaining area where you can enjoy a meal outside
- Specially designed sensory room, for emotion regulation.
- Good-sized enclosed rear yard
- Four bedrooms
- Formal lounge
- Short drive to Albury
- Short drive to Lake Hume
- Short walk to Brooklyn Fields Community Park
- Thurgoona Country Club Resort runs Bingo, Raffles, and live music