Protecting the rights of our customers
Customer safeguarding at LiveBetter
LiveBetter recognises that many of its customers are particularly vulnerable, including the elderly, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, children and young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
LiveBetter is committed to the protection of their rights, and the rights of all of its customers, to be free from abuse, neglect, exploitation, violence, discrimination, harm and restrictive practices.
LiveBetter acknowledges the potential risk associated with particular types of support such as personal care, and the delivery of care in particular environments such as the home, where there may be no external visibility.
In order to mitigate these risks, LiveBetter has developed a Safeguarding Framework, underpinned by principles of person-centred care in which customers are supported to direct their own care and to make their own decisions and choices.
The Safeguarding Framework consists of five components:
- Measures to raise awareness of customers about available safeguards through the provision of information in formats which they can understand
- Measures to improve the confidence and capacity of customers, their families and carers to have a say about issues and decisions that affect them
- Strategies to prevent or minimise risk of harm to customers, and to give them the means to raise issues and complaints
- Effective responses to incidents, injury or trauma to customers
- Continuous review of safeguarding measures, informed by data from complaints and incidents, with a view to improving services and customer safety
For further information, you can request a copy of our full ‘Customer Safeguarding Policy’ via email.