Community services to support the locals of Monto
And, to help make our community even better, LiveBetter provides a range of services, mostly for free, for Monto and nearby townships.
Through the Monto Neighbourhood Centre, we offer support, guidance and assistance including youth support, meals delivery, social support groups, emergency relief, Centrelink services and visiting services.
- Monto Rural Youth Support Service: Young people aged 8 to 21 who are at risk of becoming disconnected can rely on us for support. We provide a culturally safe environment and value creating a bond with the Indigenous community. This helps identify issues and come up with activities for young people to support their requirements and priorities. Because we work with a variety of community services for young people in the region, you can also come to us for information, advice and referrals, as well as case management if needed.
- Monto meals delivery: You can have nourishing meals delivered to your door for a small fee.
- Social Support Groups: We create social support groups so you can make new friends and have someone to turn to in times of need or crisis.
- Emergency Relief Services: We offer emergency assistance Monday to Friday.
- Centrelink services: We provide Centrelink services Monday to Friday – Centrelink Self Service all day and Centrelink Agent Access in the mornings.
- Visiting services: Other services you might be interested in visit our Neighbourhood Centre, including Max Employment, Sarina Russo and Impact Disability Employment Services (there is a fee for some of these services).
Support designed for you
We’re proudly local, and our services are designed for the Monto area. We’re here to support local communities through local programs and connect you to services you might otherwise not have access to.
We are also committed to honesty, dignity and respect, choice and individuality, privacy and confidentiality and excellence.
Funding Monto Community Services
Our meals delivery service can be subsidised through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme or provided at the commercial rate.
Some of the other employment-related services that visit the Monto Neighbourhood Centre may involve a fee.