Traineeships open to 2021 school leavers
Applications close 15 October!
LiveBetter is an innovative community service organisation focused on the unique needs of regional Australians. LiveBetter provides a diverse range of community services across regional New South Wales and Queensland. Together our people and our systems help support our clients who live in rural and remote communities to live their best lives.
Find out more at About Us.
LiveBetter is again offering Year 12 School Leavers (18 years old or turning 18 by 30 April 2022) the opportunity to train and work in their communities under a 12 month traineeship in qualifications including:
- Certificate III in Individual Support Ageing (Orange, Bathurst, Wagga Wagga, Dubbo, Broken Hill, Albury)
- Certificate III in Individual Support Disability (Orange, Bathurst, Wagga Wagga, Dubbo, Nambucca Heads, Cobar)
- Certificate III in Community Services (Orange and Wagga Wagga)
- Certificate III in Business (Broken Hill, Cobar)
Traineeships combine on the job experience and formal study/training with a Registered Training Provider (RTO) such as TAFE. The traineeship involves a Government regulated Training Contract between the trainee and LiveBetter. In addition, a separate Employment Agreement is entered into with the trainee which sets out the conditions of work such as pay rate, Award conditions, the location of the trainee’s workplace, the hours to be worked each week, and any other conditions relevant to the trainee’s employment.
Trainees do not work unsupervised in any role and are supported with guidance and expertise from workplace ‘buddies’, supervisors and their team. Trainees may be involved in supporting LiveBetter clients in a variety of roles including:
- Providing practical supports to help people to live as independently as possible and to achieve their personal goals. Support is provided in a variety of settings including the client’s home, in respite care or in the community.
- Depending on the qualification being studied, trainees may be supporting clients with domestic assistance, social support, personal care, and community access. Community activities can involve assisting a client to do the things that they enjoy such as bushwalking, going to the library, walking the dog, watching sport, shopping, craft or even ice skating!
- Providing information and support to assist people to get the help they need
- Engaging with people in the community
- Supporting and working with carers of all ages to provide information and access to services
School Leaver traineeships are for a period of 12 months commencing 2022
Eligible traineeship applicants will be required to participate in an interview process to be selected for the traineeships which are available in their area. Applicants will be advised whether they have been successful once this process has been completed.
To apply for a traineeship in a rewarding career with great prospects for advancement and personal growth, please complete the form below. Please answer all questions, attach a resume if you have one (a recent School Report will also be accepted), and provide contact details for two referees. Please let your referees know that they may be contacted.
The application form asks you to write why you’d like to work in the community service industry. Please don’t answer with a single sentence. We’d like to hear what has motivated you to apply and we need to know who you are too!
If you have any questions please email Wendy.Coles@livebetter.org.au