2023 HIPPY enrolments are now open!
Do you have a child who still start school in 2025? Do you live in Orange? The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY) could be suitable for you!
Children’s earliest and most powerful learning comes from their family. Through a structured education program, HIPPY helps parents lay the foundations for success at school by teaching their child literacy, numeracy and language skills as well as physical skills, so they develop a love of learning that lasts throughout their lives.
HIPPY children graduate from the program with literacy and numeracy skills above the Australian average. The program:
- encourages a love of learning;
- increases the likelihood that children enjoy and do well at school;
- promotes language, listening and concentration skills;
- builds children’s self-esteem and confidence in learning; and
- improves relationships between parents and children.
Parents are supported to shape their child’s learning opportunities around their strengths and interests; and to bring learning off the activity pack page and into the world.