If you're looking for a great Anzac Biscuit recipe, then look no further - here is Ed's famous Anzac Biscuits!
Ed, one of our participants in Nambucca, created this recipe (and many delicious biscuits) for the LiveBetter Cooking Group's Recipe Book. So get out your bowls and baking sheets, because these biscuits are the perfect weekend treat!
Ed's Anzac Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g unsalted butter chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat over to 170°C. Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted. Mix the bicarb soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water and add to the golden syrup. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
- Pour the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Have a cup of tea and enjoy!