Letter to customers (22/03/21)
To our Customers and Families,
While we have been incredibly lucky here in Australia, when you consider that 2.6 million children, women and men have died from COVID-19 globally, we are mindful that some of our customers, staff and volunteers have been touched by ongoing health complications or death of family and friends.
So we are thrilled there is an end in sight to the devastation this pandemic has inflicted on the lives, health and livelihoods of so many. LiveBetter will be following the Australian Government vaccination rollout plan to significantly reduce the risk to our customers and their families and to our own families and loved ones – especially those who are frail aged or have chronic health issues.
Among the first group of vaccine recipients will be aged and disability care residents and staff, with Vaccination Hubs being set up in regional areas and vaccinations in GP clinics commencing.
The Australian Government has said the COVID-19 vaccine will be voluntary and free, and they will vaccinate as many Australians as possible as safe and effective vaccines become available.
The Australian Government will advise LiveBetter how and when vaccines will be administered in our area, but we don’t have detailed rollout plans yet, nor answers to the many “What if…?” questions. As we receive advice about rollout plans, we will post this on our website.
Please use this web page as a primary information source for LiveBetter’s plans, updates and Q&A’s.
The latest vaccination rollout information can be found at www.health.gov.au including links to an eligibility checker and clinic locations.
At last we can see light at the end of the tunnel, and we will be working to get back to normal life as soon as we can.
Key Vaccine Rollout Links
Australia Government Department of Health:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker
- COVID-19 Vaccination Easy Read Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Forms
- Preparing for the COVID-19 Vaccination
COVID-19 Vaccine National Rollout Phases as at Feb 2021
Phase 1a: up to 1.4m doses
- Quarantine and border workers
- Frontline health care workers in higher risk settings
- All other healthcare workers are included in Phase 1b.
- Aged care and disability care staff
- Aged care and disability care residents
Phase 1b: up to 14.8m doses
- Elderly adults aged 80 years and over
- Elderly adults aged 70-79 years
- Other health care workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people > 55
- Adults with an underlying medical condition, including those with a disability
- People will need to provide proof of these conditions to demonstrate their eligibility for vaccination via My health record, a health professional referral if required or a declaration form.
- Critical and high risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing
Phase 2a: up to 15.8m doses
- Adults aged 60-69 years
- Adults aged 50-59 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 18-54
- Other critical and high risk workers
Phase 2b: up to 16m doses
- Balance of adult population
Phase 3: up to 13.6m doses
People < 16 if recommended