LiveBetter Staff - Please check this page regularly for updates
You can access this page by clicking the 'Coronavirus Information for Staff' link in the footer of the website.
In the workplace
- In NSW, Disability Support Workers, Aged Home Care Workers and Transport Drivers will now wear face masks when physical distancing is not possible
- If you have travelled to Sydney, you need to call the nurse on call before returning to work - 0488 248 379
- No shaking hands, hugs, kisses or Hi-5’s. Get clients to Wave or Thumbs Up instead
- Be extra vigilant about hand hygiene including regular thorough handwashing, and sanitising your hands at the entrance to the workplace
- Cough or sneeze into a clean tissue (NOT your hands) and dispose of it. Otherwise cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid touching your face with your hands
- Regularly sanitise high touch surfaces, including desks, tables and chairs used for activities, common areas, computer keyboards and phones. New users need to re-sanitise.
When you are handling food
- Avoid group lunches in the tea room as far as possible
- Limit food handling and don’t share food at work
- If you are involved in food preparation as part of your job, talk with your supervisor about any additional hygiene and other measures which may need to be taken.
If you are sick
- Stay at home if you are experiencing flu like symptoms
- If you develop flu like symptoms at work, self-isolate immediately and go home
- If a family member has flu like symptoms with possible or confirmed contact with the coronavirus, stay home.
Meetings and travel
- Avoid meetings as much as possible and find alternative solutions such as videoconferencing
- Talk with your supervisor about the risks before undertaking travel for work purposes.
Resources for Accommodation Houses:
- Safety alert - Disability Customers Attending Medical Appointments (PDF 208 KB)
- How to Hand Rub - World Health Organisation (PDF 405 KB)
- How to Hand Wash - World Health Organisation (PDF 435 KB)
- Standard Precautions - ACSQHC (PDF 675 KB)
- COVID-19 - Identifying Symptoms - Aus Gov (PDF 144 KB)
- Cough Etiquette - NSW Gov (PDF 396 KB)
- PPE Sequence (PDF 1.59 MB)